The Glenorchy Ice Rink is the only ice skating rink in Tasmania. It has the following facilities for use:
- A party room which is decorated with balloons and has a table and several chairs. You can also personalise and decorate it to suit your party.
- Cafe (serving freshly ground organic coffee) and the best hot chocolates with marshmallows. We also sell hot food in busy sessions as well as chips, sweets, ice-creams, drinks and cookies.
- Male and female toilets are on site.
- Skate hire – sizes from tiny 5 up to adult 14. (Double bladed ‘boots’ sizes 5-8 available)
- Locker hire ($2. We swap your keys with ours and when you return ours, yours are also returned) – cash or EFTPOS, or $50 per year.
- Skating aids (frames) ($5 hire with a $3 refund when returned in good order – cash or EFTPOS.
- Penguins, Seals & Kangaroos (skating aids for children) $10 with $5 refunded when returned in good order – cash or EFTPOS.
The rink facilities are perfect for Social Clubs, Church Groups, Fundraising Groups, Cub/Scout/Girl Guide Groups, Youth Groups, School Excursions (local and Interstate), School Holiday/Vacation Care-Child Care Groups, Ice Hockey Tournaments/Friendly Games, International University/TAFE Students etc. The rink has eftpos facilities ( no cash out) as well as cash transactions. Please contact us and we will organise a skating session and pricing to suit.
327 Main Road
Glenorchy Tasmania 7010