The Glenorchy Ice Skating Rink has learn to skate programs for children and adults:
- Adults – with the Aussie Skate program as well as private coaching (coaches can teach during a public session or you can hire the coach and the rink privately)
- Children – with the Aussie Skate program as well as private coaching (coaches can teach during a public session or the rink can be hired privately)
We have a number of available coaches that will help you advance your skating skills.
First Time Skating
If it is your first time ice skating, the following tips may help:
- Bring along a coat, hat and gloves
- Wear long socks, not ankle socks
- We hire out skates from size 5 (tiny size) through to size 14 (large adult size). There are also a limited number of double bladed boots for young children in sizes 5 through to 8 (half price). Please note that children are encouraged to wear a single bladed skate during the ‘learn to skate’ programs.